THE MIGHTY FINE – West Coast Tour (July 17 – 27)
Beginning next Tuesday, July 17th, The Mighty Fine (San Luis Obispo, CA) will embark on an 11-day tour of the West Coast in support of its latest full-length, In Revival. The album was originally issued in 2011 by Solidarity Recordings (imadethismistake, The Methadones, Run, Forever) on CD and digital formats. In April of this year, Solidarity teamed up with La Escalera Records to release a 12″ vinyl version of the long-player.
Joining The Mighty Fine on the road will be label mates The Shell Corporation, which features ex-members of The Briggs, A Wilhelm Scream and Time Again. Tour dates and other details can be found below. As always, if you’d like to attend a show or speak with the band, drop me a line here.
In related news, when The Might Fine return from tour, it will enter the studio with Kyle Black (Set Your Goals, Shai Hulud, Heart To Heart) to record brand-new songs which will appear on a split with the aforementioned The Shell Corporation. The album is tentatively scheduled to be released by Solidarity in late Fall.
Recently, the band premiered a video for the song “Revive” from the new record. To watch said video, go here. And for more goodies from The Mighty Fine, download this free mp3 tour sampler which features four tracks from In Revival.
JUL 17 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ SLO Brew w/ The Shell Corporation, Why I Hate, Random Orbits
JUL 18 – Sacramento, CA @ Press Club w/ The Shell Corporation
JUL 19 – San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside w/ The Shell Corporation, Why I Hate
JUL 20 – Portland, OR @ Tonic w/ The Shell Corporation, Kill The Kids
JUL 21 – Seattle, WA @ 2 Bit Saloon w/ The Shell Corporation, The Loss
JUL 22 – Spokane, WA @TBA w/ The Shell Corporation
JUL 23 – Boise, ID @ Liquid w/ The Shell Corporation
JUL 24 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Underground w/ The Shell Corporation
JUL 25 – Las Vegas, NV @ Favorites w/ TheCore. w/ The Shell Corporation
JUL 26 – San Diego, CA @ Bar Eleven w/ The Shell Corporation, Sic Waiting
JUL 27 – Pomona, CA @ VLHS w/ The Shell Corporation, Signals Midwest, French Exit
Produced by Nolan Perry, mastered by Justin Perkins (Screeching Weasel, The Riverdales, Direct Hit!) and featuring artwork from Dave Watt, In Revival is the follow-up to The Mighty Fine’s 2010 self-released full-length, Bad Timing For Everything. On its latest stellar effort, the California trio extolls the most positive virtues of contemporaries such as The Menzingers and Against Me! – driving, punchy rhythms, soaring choruses and dynamic song structures – while still carving out a unique space for itself within the crowded punk universe. Played with passion and a fiery conviction, but also executed with precision and carefully considered ideas, In Revival bares the mark of a band ready for bigger and better things.
- Raw yet refined and melodic yet hard hitting, The Mighty Fine have skipped a couple rungs on the punk rock ladder … a must hear band. – AMP Magazine
- A stimulating blend of punk, rock and roots with harmonies proving to be influential in crafting a punchy sound coated with melodiousness. – Room Thirteen
- A very melodic record with impressive harmonies and riffs. It’s just flat out interesting. It’s a pretty awesome sound and I fell in love right away. – Idle And The Bear
- The Mighty Fine race through 12 songs that will get you belting along in no time, and “In Revival” they crank out some fine rootsy punk rock. – Punk Rock Theory
- Passionate and punchy, melodic and refined … The Mighty Fine is getting ready for bigger and better things that are sure to come hurtling its way this year. – Heavy Petal