JOWLS – Announce Tour Dates
The Cursed 10″ vinyl is limited to 500 pressed on four colorways (100 Black / 125 Clear w/ Black Smoke / 125 Opaque Green / 150 Opaque Bone). All vinyl orders come with an instant download for the 6 songs plus one additional digital-only bonus track. As well, you can stream/downloadCursed on Bandcamp.
Harkening back to 90’s hardcore/noise rock, Grand Rapids, MI based Jowls are a breath of fresh air on their debut as a trio. Originally formed as a duo from the ashes of Victor Fix The Sun the band recorded a demo and split 7″ with fellow Michigan rockers, The Reptilian. In late 2011 the duo officially expanded with the addition of bassist John Harmon who played in Chicago noise rock band, Cloud Mouth. With that sprung the Cursed recordings which show a tremendous refinement in sound and scope. Jowls’ brand of hardcore is unabashedly aggressive but also flexes a keen sense of dynamics and dare I say, even melody. Cursed is the sound of controlled chaos, of confidence exploding in measured amounts of brain and brawn. This is not aggression without purpose, every note here serves the whole. Every scream and every instrumental explosion serves as a lifeforce, as musical bread for a starved feeding. Jowls is absolutely vital.
Dates are listed below. Also, the band is confirmed for The Fest 12 later this year in Gainesville, FL.
AUG 21 – Grand Rapids @ The House of Pancakes w/ Tyler Daniel Bean, Scowler & the Reptilian
AUG 24 – Toronto @ Soybomb A Mountain Far Fest IV w/ Tyler Daniel Bean, Tonnn, Animal Faces & Solids
AUG 25 – Montreal @ Il Motore w/ Little Things, Nous Etions & Watch for Wolves
AUG 26 – Boston / Providence @ TBA
AUG 27 – Brooklyn, NY @ The Flat w/ Sleep Bellum Sonno & Pigeon
AUG 28 – Philadelphia, PA @ Mt. Thrashmore w/ Vietnam & Mt. Thrashmore
AUG 29 – Baltimore, MD @ Charm City Art Space w/ Pale Angels & Dead Mechanical
AUG 30 – Richmond, VA @ The Carpet Palace
AUG 31 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Roboto Project w/ Edhochuli & Mere Phantoms
SEP 01 – Columbus, OH @ The Carabar w/ SRVVLST, Dark Twin & Prize the Doubt
– Yet, beneath the tidal wave of pounding guitars and pummeling percussion, the stark melodies and ever-present churning-like songwriting create suspension-like experiences at one moment – then weave with furor and purpose at the next. –Absolute Punk
– Jowls will drop your jaws and if you’re lucky maybe they will step on them too with their driving guitars and tasteful screams. – Delusions Of Adequacy
– In a sea of mediocre bullshit hardcore sits Cursed. Featuring members of Victor! Fix the Sun and Cloud Mouth, Jowls call back to the Gravity Records-era of hardcore, walking the line of melody and chaos. – Forget The Radio
– Impassioned and powerful – if only all hardcore was this exceptional. – In Forty
– This absolutely wipes the floor with many of the other bands playing this type of music right now. – Collective Zine
– ‘Cursed’ by Jowls is an ep other bands of this ilk will find hard to match, let alone beat, and comes very highly recommended. – Tight To The Nail
– The music is a fierce battle between expression and pure adrenaline. – Selective Memory Mag
– If you like music that sounds like a full scale assault on the ears than Jowls are for you. – Two Beats Off