A-F Records Announces Anti-Flag Cover Contest
2013 marked the 20th year of Anti-Flag and also the beginning of a new chapter in the history of A-F Records. To commemorate this, the label/band unveiled the “20 Years of Hell” 7” vinyl/online subscription series. These special one of a kind records are hand numbered, have screened die cut covers, and are limited to 500. Full description of the subscription series below.
ANTI-FLAG COVER CONTEST
How To Enter:
1. Utilize your skills on ANY instrument to cover/re-imagine Anti-Flag’s “Power To The Peaceful” from ‘The Terror State’ record. Remember, you’re using your imagination to create your own unique cover. We will not be accepting submissions of individuals playing along with the track. Have fun with this! Get creative! NOTE: If you wish to submit a FULL BAND cover, you may. However, if a band wins the contest, they will win a prize as a band (no individual prizes).
2. Record the cover video of the song. Your video does not have to be visual.
3. Upload to YouTube with the title “Power To The Peaceful – Anti-Flag Cover Contest”, and include your name in the description.
Grand Prize – Your choice of a 20 Years Of Hell Subscription OR a signed Anti-Flag drum head/”BACON” test pressing.
Runner-Up – signed Anti-Flag drum head.
Contestants have ONE MONTH to enter starting February 7, 2014.
Submissions will close on March 7, 2014, and winners will be picked by the band.
“20 Years of Hell” Split 7-Inch Series
SIDE A: Anti-Flag will handpick and re-record new versions of 1 song from each of their 11 full-length releases as well as recording a brand new unreleased track that will appear on the final volume of the series:
• VOLUME 1: “Die for the Government” and “Their System Doesn’t Work for You”
• VOLUME 2: “New Kind of Army” and “Underground Network”
• VOLUME 3: “Mobilize” and “The Terror State”
• VOLUME 4: “For Blood and Empire” and “A Benefit For The Victims Of Violent Crime”
• VOLUME 5: “The Bright Lights Of America” and “The People Or The Gun”
• VOLUME 6: “The General Strike” and a NEW UNRELEASED TRACK
SIDE B: Keeping with Anti-Flag’s commitment to the punk community and efforts to help other musicians have a voice, the B side of each volume will showcase 2 songs from 6 new bands (one band per volume.) These bands will be announced as the series progresses throughout the year.