• Out April 10, 2012 from Solidarity Recordings + La Escalera Records
• Full album now available for Free Download
• March + April Shows
The vinyl version of In Revival, the sophomore full-length from San Luis Obispo, CA’s The Mighty Fine, is now available for Pre-Order from Solidarity Recordings and La Escalera Records.
Originally released on CD and Digital formats by Solidarity last Summer, the 12″ LP is limited to 500 copies on four colorways (100 Teal, 100 White, 100 Red, 200 Black) and includes a free digital download of a brand new three-song acoustic EP titled Burning Rust. While the street date is April 10th, pre-orders will ship within the next few weeks. For more information or to grab a copy, go here and here.
As an added bonus, In Revival is now available in its entirety as a free download via Bandcamp. Listen to “To Indiana” and “Paper Trails” (free mp3s) now.
Produced by Nolan Perry, mastered by Justin Perkins (Screeching Weasel, The Riverdales, Direct Hit!) and featuring artwork from Dave Watt, In Revival is the follow-up to The Mighty Fine’s 2010 self-released full-length, Bad Timing For Everything. On its latest stellar effort, the California trio extolls the most positive virtues of contemporaries such as The Menzingers and Against Me! – driving, punchy rhythms, soaring choruses and dynamic song structures – while still carving out a unique space for itself within the crowded punk universe. Played with passion and a fiery conviction, but also executed with precision and carefully considered ideas, In Revival bares the mark of a band ready for bigger and better things.
The Mighty Fine will be playing a handful of shows in March and April. As always, if you have any questions or would like to speak with the band, drop me a line here.
And finally – just for funsies – check out this video of an onstage marriage proposal in the middle of a recent set by The Mighty Fine at SLO Brew in San Luis Obispo. It’s pretty adorable (if you’re into this sort of thing).
MAR 16 – Paso Robles, CA @ Conner’s House w/ Heart To Heart
MAR 22 – Paso Robles, CA @ Manny’s Pizza & Grill w/ Heartsounds, Versus The World, Arabel
MAR 23 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Velvet Jones w/ Heartsounds, Versus The World
MAR 30 – Santa Maria, CA @ Events Center w/ From The Top, New Tomorrow, Last Call, Heart To Heart, more
APR 10 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ TBA (Vinyl Release Show) w/ The Shell Corporation
APR 11 – Ventura, CA @ Billy O’s w/ The Shell Corporation
APR 12 – San Diego, CA @ The Tower Bar w/ The Shell Corporation, Bastards of Young, Beside Myself
APR 13 – 14 – Tucson, AZ @ Way Out West Fest w/ French Exit, Civil War Rust, Gunner’s Daughter, Why I Hate, The Shell Corporation, more
– Raw yet refined and melodic yet hard hitting, The Mighty Fine have skipped a couple rungs on the punk rock ladder … a must hear band. – AMP Magazine
– A stimulating blend of punk, rock and roots with harmonies proving to be influential in crafting a punchy sound coated with melodiousness. – Room Thirteen
– A very melodic record with impressive harmonies and riffs. It’s just flat out interesting. It’s a pretty awesome sound and I fell in love right away. – Idle And The Bear
– The Mighty Fine race through 12 songs that will get you belting along in no time, and “In Revival” they crank out some fine rootsy punk rock. – Punk Rock Theory